Friday, September 30, 2011

Loving Hut: Hannam

     On Sunday Sean, Kia, and I tried to hit up Garobee but UGh~~it was closed!!! So we ended up going to the Loving Hut in Hannam. ...
part of the interior (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The interior was cute, and so quiet. We ended up nomming alone!
I really enjoyed the wide open windows...
cute view (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The menu is not listed with loads of offers, there are staple plates like 비빔밥 (bibimbap) and 킁가스 (donkas). It's small, so for something quick and cheap, this place doesn't disappoint. I think if I was hoping for more options, other Loving Huts would be the go to's.
     Kia and Sean are so knowledgable about loads of things, but they also know about what's worth nomming on and not. I went with their recommendation and got the 순수채 킁가스 (soonsuchae donkas, 5,000W) which is a flaky fried soy meat patty served with rice, pickles, sweet potato mousse, and a salad. I'm not for fried things usually but this was pretty good. It was crunchy, flavorful, and paired well with the tomatoe sauce it was served with.
my plate (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Sean went with the 쌀주물럭 쌈밥정식 (Ssaljumuloek Ssambabjeongsik, 8,000W).This was mirroring 불고기 and came with loads of greens and 반찬! I gave Sean my rice because...eh you know!
nom nom nom (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The time for 빙수 is ending...I didn't indulge on enough of it! We grabbed one of these and ugh, what have I been missing out on! The blend of sweet fruits, pillowy 떡, crunchy ice flakes and sweet beans...I don't care...I'm making it an Autumn staple.
pre-mix (photo taken by VeganBeats)
post mix! (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     The food as always is inexpensive, satisfying and tasty. If you want more options, stray from here...but worth the wander!

Map this out to find it (desciribing is proving more complicated)
Address: 2F, 657-92, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Phone#: 02-3217-2153


No comments:

Post a Comment