Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Baker's Table: revisiting

     Lately my weekends have been chalk full of evening adventures, drink "tastings", music inspirations, and bed snuggles. I've slept in, enjoyed the comfort of my room, blankets, and AC~ I've been doing the weekend thing. I work a lot and when my days are free of any income-dependent activities...veganbeats is mellow~
     A couple Sundays ago I got out and bathed in the sun and got all sorts of productive and active. I started off with some giant iced coffee, legs cracking, and beats blaring and met with a beautiful Seoul over at The Baker's Table in Noksapyeong. Usually coffee does me more than well in terms of post-Saturday adventures, but the idea of hummus and a fresh Summer Salad was beyond deniable.
pita and hummus~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     Scrolling over the menu, Melissa and I chose the tomato and mango salad; it's naturally vegan! There's no cheese or honey or secret animal bits, just mangoes, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, balsamic dressing, a couple toasted slices of bread! Everything looked beautiful, bright, and sunny and tasted perfect. Sweetness from the mangoes paired well with the slight sweet acidity of the tomato, and the crunch of the sunflowers added great texture to the firm and soft textures of the fruits. The balsamic was great, as it always is, because honestly~ you can't go wrong with balsamic. Some people choose chocolate as an ideal death, but I'm all about the balsamic!! Drown me in that!
tomato mango salad~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     We also got some chilled white wine to bubble up a great date, day, and meal...while her kids (Bailey and Sadie) wound themselves around us, and we both got kisses of tipsy, the sun bore down on us and I know I was sweating. We both were game for adventure and trucked to Namsan to frolic around some dirt paths!
between the trees~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)
     When I'm in the woods and surrounded by nature I get lost in the wonders of the world...I realize and get connected with what is around me, what truly grants my body life... I miss trees, forests, woods, animals...I wish I was in  Fern Gully!!
     After playing in dirt for a while, Melissa and I ventured to a secret bar with a Beautiful view and got some mojitos while we watched the sun set over Seoul. I got a Shirley Temple (I found one!) and as the temperature cooled, the mint sat on our lips...I fell a little bit more in love with Korea. I know I sometimes spit some anger it's way, but at the end of the day, I am grateful.
mojitos and Shirley to bid the day farewell~ (photo taken by VeganBeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment